The mission statement of ProSilva Ireland is:
To develop and promote the ProSilva Principles in Irish forestry which, through a diversification of age and species structures allow for the full development of the forests ecological role and the simultaneous economic production of high quality forest products.
The overriding objectives of ProSilva Ireland are laid down in the constitution and are as follows:
In addition to these, more specific aims are proposed as follows:
- To promote a greater awareness and understanding of silvicultural systems conforming to ProSilva Principles amongst our members and the forestry sector in general.
- To develop a greater level of expertise amongst foresters and forest owners in the practice of silvicultural systems conforming to Pro Silva Principles in Ireland.
- To support research into the dynamics of forest ecosystems, particularly those processes critically associated with silvicultural systems conforming to ProSilva Principles in Ireland.
- To support the adaptation and development of silvicultural systems conforming to ProSilva Principles for use in Ireland.
- To promote the development of an Irish market for large dimensioned timber, both hardwood and softwood.